Shower Cleaning and Repair
Causes of leaks in showers
- Loose, broken grout lines and wall tiles – This situation allows water to leak behind shower walls and under the shower floor, causing water damage to bathroom floors.
- Separation of shower wall and shower floor seams – Large gaps around the shower floor and at the corner of shower walls is the second cause for water leaks in showers.
- Clogged Shower Drain System – Once water makes its way into the wall and down the shower pan and shower liner, it should be able to exit via the weep holes in the shower drain system. Many times the weep holes are clogged, keeping water in the pan.
Marble Limestone Travertine Granite Showers
Marble, limestone or travertine shower walls can lose their polish due to hard water and low ph soaps and shampoos as well as wrong marble cleaning products. Specialized Floor Care Services, restores stone showers by grinding, honing and polishing the marble, granite, or travertine to its original intended look.
Shower Pan Construction
Tiled shower floors have four major components that need to be addressed during installation.
- Pre-sloped floor – Floor has to have the correct slope before the shower liner.
- Correct floor drain and weep holes – The drain system is one for mud base beds.
- Shower pan liner – Shower pan liner has to be of approved material for waterproofing the shower floor.
- Final shower floor material – Final shower floor material is usually is porcelain or ceramic tile or natural stone tiles.
Specialized Floor Care Services, installs and restores tiled shower floors using standards set forth by the Tile Council of North America.
Dull or damaged marble tile in a shower can be naturally restored using a series of diamond abrasives.
Tiled showers should be sealed with penetrating sealer to prevent transmission of water behind the shower walls.
All seams and joining walls in tiled showers should be caulked with waterproof caulking Take care of those shower leaks and leaky shower pan by calling Specialized Floor Care Services Co., for an in-house evaluation.
If you need help with cleaning your shower?
Give us a call
What Our Clients Say
Our clients love that we are experienced in effectively diagnosing their concerns and providing cost-effective solutions.
I looked to find a contractor to fix an issue with my tiled shower. After checking with several companies, I felt most at ease with Willy at Specialized Floor Care Services due to his professionalism, his expert knowledge of probable causes, his specialty of working with tiled shower repairs, and all the positive BBB reviews.
I recently hired Mr. Willy De Castro, the owner of Specialized Floor Care Services, Taunton, MA to clean and restore a marble bathroom countertop and marble floor. He did an outstanding job. The countertop and floor look brand new. I also had a large tile floor cleaned where the grout had been stained. He also did an
Hello, Willy I want to express my appreciation for your restoration work in our bathroom, removing the acid (CLR!) etching from the limestone floor and counter and the stain as well. I am so pleased with the outcome and would happily recommend
This document serves as a testament to the services as well as the materials used by the company Specialized Floor Care Services Co. The services performed, were not only professionally performed, but they were accomplished within a timeline established and in a fashion acceptable to the
After moving recently into our new house, our upstairs shower began leaking into our kitchen. My husband did some extensive research and came across many positive reviews online for Specialized Floor Care Services. Willy came out to diagnose the problem and gave us a very reasonable quote for the work that had